Start getting into the habit of using your Backpod on a daily basis and you’ll be feeling like new.
How to use Backpod: A simple guide
1. To start off with, we recommend placing three pillows on a floor. This is because your spine can be really tight, and too painful to put much leverage on to start off with. You can gradually reduce the pillows to allow for a stronger stretch (it can take up to two or three weeks to get to no pillows).
2. Lie back with the Backpod roughly between the shoulder blades.
3. Bring your hands up above your head, chin tucked in and knees up.
4. Your upper body will now be lying on the Backpod, stretching out the spine in the opposite direction to all the forward bending that happens during a normal day.
5. Hold the position for roughly 30 seconds then slighly re-adjust, so you begin to work the Backpod to the top of the back, up to shoulder level and out to the sides to stretch the rib hinges. Rememeber to keep your chin in and your shoulders relaxed, so that it stretches the pectoralis muscles and you’re getting a complete stretch.
We recommend doing this for several minutes every evening. It may take a few weeks for things to loosen enough for you to not feel soreness.
We have created an extensive selection of tutorials and informative videos, and posted them on YouTube for your easy access.